[concurrency-interest] ConcurrentHashmap.putIfAbsent oddities

Gregg Wonderly gergg at cox.net
Tue Dec 12 09:26:23 EST 2006

Ernst, Matthias wrote:
>>... && Arrays.equals(urls, other.urls);
>
> I don't know if this is related to your problem but
> comparing URLs has unpleasant side effects:

This is existing logic that I did not replace/alter that I know of.  I believe
that it works as needed based on the fact that it causes a new ClassLoader to be
created if one of the pieces of the codebase is not reachable.  Thus you will
get class incompatibility which is at least a partially better result than using
an incomplete codebase.

Gregg Wonderly