[concurrency-interest] ThreadPoolExecutor with corePoolSize = 0

Sam Berlin sberlin at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 13:49:24 EST 2006

Thanks for the pointer to the code.  One minor problem with copying
the code as-is is the signature of RejectedExecutionHandler's reject
method takes a Runnable and a ThreadPoolExecutor.  If possible, we
would like to allow pre-existing RejectedExecutionHandlers (that is,
ones written with java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor in mind) to
continue being used.  Do you expect there'll be any problems with
altering the copy to extend from
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor instead of
AbstractExecutorService?  It has the side-effect of duplicating all
the state variables of the super's ThreadPoolExecutor, but that's not
as large a problem as, say, accidentally firing a method from the
super's class instead of the current one.

Thanks,
 Sam