[concurrency-interest] cancelling future

Christopher Kin Chung Au cau at aspecthuntley.com.au
Tue Feb 28 19:00:45 EST 2006

Hi,

Currently I have an application which sends out bulk email we use the
ExecutorService submit to get a future object back which we store. This
future object holds many other future objects which are the actual
workers that send out the email. The intention is that we will
potentially have many bulk email future objects which in turn hold many
email future objects sending out the emails. We want to be able to
choose and cancel a designated bulk email future object which in turn
stops all the email future objects associated with that bulk email
future object while the other bulk email future objects remain intact. I
have used the cancel command but whilst the bulk email future object
reports that it has been cancelled the email future objects seem to
continue to run. I hope this makes sense and any help would be
appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

PS the email future objects are created using executorservice.submit.