[concurrency-interest] Fwd: ThreadPoolTask

Dhanji R. Prasanna dhanji at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 00:50:32 EDT 2006

>From what I gathered from Peter, the specific use of a ThreadPool
"Repeating" executor was that increasing the corePoolSize would
automagically increase the number of tasks being executed ("repeated"). This
is semantically quite different from what a TPE does or is meant to do and
perhaps that is where the confusion has arisen.

Repeating tasks (sequentially requeing them) was not the direct impedence as
that can easily be solved with the task resubmitting itself or a specialized
impl of a blocking queue which keeps queuing the same task instance.

This is what I gathered from the aether... =)