[concurrency-interest] missed deadlines.

Dhanji R. Prasanna dhanji at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 18:11:40 EDT 2006

On 7/12/06, Brian Goetz <brian at quiotix.com> wrote:

> >> Re auto-creation of pools, what is wrong with simply starting out with
> the
> >> max-intended size?
>
> Threads are relatively expensive, that's why they are pooled.

Yea thats fair about the space tradeoff, however the point I was getting at
was that since ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor does not allow for dynamically
growing the pool, you were better off starting at the maximum intended size.

In the context of the original questioner I believe he wanted to rig some
way of starting with a smaller sized STPE pool and resizing it later.  I
certainly did NOT imply that corePoolSize should be done away with. =)