[concurrency-interest] Thread Pools

Patrick Eger peger at automotive.com
Mon Jul 24 16:40:42 EDT 2006

A lower linger time does help out indeed with the thread count, however
in my case it almost degenerates into no thread pool at all (IE short
timeout + not re-using existing threads = lots of thread create/delete).

I can't say thread startup is *too* big of a deal, but it is noticeable
in our CPU timing (moreso on windows with it's not-so-hot threading).