[concurrency-interest] Cancellation convention

Kazimierz Pogoda morisil at ncdc.pl
Thu Jun 8 06:56:48 EDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-06-08 at 10:52 +1000, Dhanji R. Prasanna wrote:

> ... Im quite sure a more elegant synchronization solution can be found
> with Futures or Locks. In any case I wouldn't be encouraged to use
> this method without knowing exactly what the underlying JDBC driver
> does on a Statement.cancel().

Thanks for your hints. I must check if it is possible to make several
cancellations on the same statement. My code is strongly bind to oracle,
thus I have only one jdbc driver to check. :)

> An unrelated comment: for efficiency and type safety in your
> stacktrace analyzer solution you might want to compare:
>
> java.net.SocketStream.class.equals(stackTrace[i])

I don't grasp the idea? StackTraceElement is not an instance of Class?
Do you suggest me to make:

Class.forName(stackTrace[i].getClassName())

every time my metod is called?

--
"the spirit can only withdraw into a corner. And yet, it is not at all
 worn out or superfluous, but, like an (eternal) witness, floats above
mailto:morisil at ncdc.pl