[concurrency-interest] Ensure Callable.call is invoked fromconstructing thread?

Dhanji R. Prasanna dhanji at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 22:36:58 EDT 2006

On 6/10/06, Thomas Hawtin <tackline at tackline.plus.com> wrote:

> System.identityHashCode does not produce unique values. A very common
> mistake - the documentation is a bit poor.

This is very interesting, identifying transient instances uniquely is
quite a common design problem for me. One good solution I find is
using IoC to instantiate/register your objects and store a unique id
for each, then query the container for the id. I'd venture that using
a thread pool similarly (with a unique checkout id) would be a good
solution if your architecture allows for it. just a thought.