[concurrency-interest] State of Practice Survey on Verification and Validation on Concurrency

Margaret Wojcicki wojcicki at itee.uq.edu.au
Wed Mar 15 02:20:06 EST 2006

 Dear members of the concurrency-interest group:

I am a PhD student at the University of Queensland and I am conducting a
survey to determine the state-of-practice of verification and validation
(V&V) of concurrent components.   The questionnaire can be found at:
http://www.itee.uq.edu.au/~wojcicki/practitioner_survey/VVquest.html and it
will take no more than 5-15 minutes to complete.

This questionnaire is being done as part of the TestCon research group (for
more information, please visit: www.itee.uq.edu.au/~testcon).   My PhD
focuses on the evaluation of V&V technologies for concurrent components,
therefore it is of great interest to me to learn what V&V is currently being
performed and the context of performing V&V on concurrent components, as
well as the sources of information that are used to make V&V technology
choices.  I would greatly appreciate it if you could share your input by
filling in the questionnaire. I will be collecting data from the online form
until the 31st of March.  If you are interested in the results of the
survey, please leave your details in the survey or e-mail me.

Please inform anyone that has an interest in V&V of concurrent components
and is not a subscriber of the concurrency-interest list that they can also
participate in the survey.

Many thanks,

Maggie Wojcicki

Email: wojcicki at itee.uq.edu.au