[concurrency-interest] static initializers and threads

Joshua Bloch josh at bloch.us
Sat May 27 01:40:37 EDT 2006

Dhanji,

> Btw are you withholding the solution for the pure intellectual
> titillation it provides us or so a few of us will dash out to amazon
> for more copeis of puzzlers, josh?

Intellectual titillation, of course.  Would Click and Hack the Type-It
Brothers stoop to shameless commerce? ;)

Perhaps it is time to post the solution.  There have been a number of
partially correct replies.  The next letter from me will contain the
complete solution.  It will have ***SPOILER*** in its subject.  Don't
read it if you still want to puzzle it out.

       Josh