[concurrency-interest] who uses backport-util-concurrent?

Dawid Kurzyniec dawidk at mathcs.emory.edu
Fri Nov 10 20:36:18 EST 2006

Hello everybody,

I am building the "projects that use backport-util-concurrent" section
on the backport Web page
(http://dcl.mathcs.emory.edu/util/backport-util-concurrent/). Currently
I have "Retrotranslator" and "Glazed Lists", but I know that there are
many more out there. If your project uses the backport and you'd like to
have it linked from the backport page, please send me the following:

* project name
* URL
* 1-3 sentences of description
* if you feel like, a "user's testimonial"

BTW, new backport release is coming. It will include a surprise: a new
version / branch, optimized for Java 5.0. (And, also, another one that
works with Java 1.2 and 1.3).

What's the point of backporting to 5.0? Well, one thing is that the
backport actually has 6.0 stuff. But more importantly, I've heard of
people who decide to continue to use the backport on Java 5.0, since
they don't want to change their applications just yet, as they want to
keep them portable between 5.0 and 1.4. If so, why not letting them have
native speed? Stay tuned.

Regards,
Dawid Kurzyniec