[concurrency-interest] who uses backport-util-concurrent?

Sat Nov 11 05:26:48 EST 2006

Hi Dawid!

Here it is:

Project name: TestNG

Authors:
	Cedric Beust
	Alexandru Popescu

TestNG is a testing framework inspired from JUnit and NUnit but introducing some new functionalities
that make it more powerful and easier to use, such as:

     * JDK 5 Annotations (JDK 1.4 is also supported with JavaDoc annotations).
     * Flexible test configuration.
     * Support for data-driven testing (with @DataProvider).
     * Support for parameters.
     * Allows distribution of tests on slave machines.
     * Powerful execution model (no more TestSuite).
     * Supported by a variety of tools and plug-ins (Eclipse, IDEA, Maven, etc...).
     * Embeds BeanShell for further flexibility.
     * Default JDK functions for runtime and logging (no dependencies).
     * Dependent methods for application server testing.

TestNG is designed to cover all categories of tests:  unit, functional, end-to-end, integration, etc...

(taken from the TestNG main page)

Backport Usage:
	TestNG enables running various configurations in "parallel" (concurrent) mode. Tests, methods or
even individual methods can be configured to run in parallel. As TestNG is able to run on both JDK5
and JDK1.4 (using either JDK annotated tests or javadoc-like annotated tests) it uses
backport-concurrent-util for implementing the "parallel" strategy for JDK1.4.
	I have defined small wrapper interfaces (containing a very small subset of API that we need) for
the concurrent part that are implemented using either JDK5 concurrent classes or
backport-concurrent-util classes.

thanks,

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.
   TestNG co-founder

#: Dawid Kurzyniec changed the world a bit at a time by saying (astral date: 11/11/2006 3:36 AM) :#