[concurrency-interest] Best way to remove a scheduled task with ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor

Robert Bowen syg6 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 10 15:10:52 EDT 2006

Hmmm ... I'm at home now and don't have my code in front of me but ... if I am not mistaken, when you call ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.scheduleAtFixedRate(Runnable) what you're left with is an Executor with Future Tasks, each one an instance of your Runnable. So my question remains, how do I get access to each individual Runnable / Future Task, so I can call cancel() on it?

Maybe I'll see it more clearly when I have the code in front of me ...

Thanks for your help!
Bob