[concurrency-interest] Setting a Thread name in a ThreadPool

Kevin Condon conivek at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 09:23:16 EDT 2006

Hi Mike,

We use a slightly more nuanced ThreadFactory to give unique names to
each thread.

class CountingThreadFactory extends ThreadFactory {
  private static final AtomicInteger count = new AtomicInteger(0);
  public Thread newThread(Runnable r) {
    return new Thread(r, "thread" + count.getAndIncrement());

Regards,
Kevin