[concurrency-interest] Volatile field use cases?

Hanson Char hanson.char at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 12:39:12 EDT 2006

For some/many reasons, I've been finding volatile useful all the time.
 One pattern I find particularly interesting is the way volatile is
taken advantage of in the implementation of CopyOnWriteArrayList.  The
other is to use volatile to ensure safe publication when a field
cannot be made final.

My 2 cents.

Hanson