[concurrency-interest] Backport: serialization bug in Collections

Dawid Kurzyniec dawidk at mathcs.emory.edu
Mon Sep 4 11:37:47 EDT 2006

Xavier Le Vourch wrote:
> I've just used FindBugs on my code and it shows an error in Collections:
>
> =============
> Se: Class is Serializable but its superclass doesn't define a void
> constructor
>
> (...)
> When I made the CheckedMap class implement Serializable, the code worked
> and all tests in the test suite still passed.

Thanks for the fix Xavier! I have committed it to CVS:

http://dcl.mathcs.emory.edu/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/software/util/backport-util-concurrent/src/edu/emory/mathcs/backport/java/util/Collections.java

Sorry for not responding earlier; my processing queue grew quite large
these past couple of weeks :)

Regards to all,
Dawid