[concurrency-interest] unknown version of concurrent backport

Jan Nielsen Jan.Nielsen at sungardhe.com
Wed Sep 6 10:56:04 EDT 2006

Just curious - while I agree small is nice, what is the issue with JAR
size in TestNG? Memory? Download? Diskspace??

Thanks,

-Jan

Jan Nielsen * System Architect * SunGard Higher Education * Tel +1 801 257
4155 * Fax +1 801 485 6606 * jan.nielsen at sungardhe.com * www.sungardhe.com
* 90 South 400 West, Suite 500, Salt Lake City, UT USA

CONFIDENTIALITY: This email (including any attachments) may contain
disclosure or use is prohibited.  If you received this email in error,
please notify the sender and delete this email from your system. Thank
you.

Sent by: concurrency-interest-bounces at cs.oswego.edu
09/06/2006 03:45 AM

userConcurrency <concurrency-interest at cs.oswego.edu>
cc

Subject
Re: [concurrency-interest] unknown version of concurrent backport

http://g.oswego.edu/dl/classes/EDU/oswego/cs/dl/util/concurrent/intro.html
)
> > nor the backport available here
> > (http://dcl.mathcs.emory.edu/util/backport-util-concurrent/dist/). Can
> > anybody remember anything related to such a jar?
> >
> > many thanks to anybody with better memories than mine
> >

> Is it emory-util-concurrent.jar? If yes, then it is a part of Emory
> Utilities package, that has a few extra concurrency utils built on top
> of the standard ones: http://dcl.mathcs.emory.edu/util/ . Otherwise, it
> might be a very old version of the backport, in which case you should
> upgrade ASAP.

Thanks for the answer Dawid. As I pointed out it is not something from
emory (because of the package names). And yes, I think it is very very
old (somewhere around 2 years, maybe 3).

We are using a very limited part of it and I have checked the backlogs
looking for bug fixes in the classes we are using but without finding
anything critical. I can confess that the size of the jar is one of
the biggest concerns in our case (TestNG: http://testng.org) and the
latest backport-util distributions have doubled their sizes (probably
I may try to trim it down to just the classes we need, but I usually
don't like modifying the distributions because IANAL).

Any advise?

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.