[concurrency-interest] C++ Memory Model and Boost Threads

Boehm, Hans hans.boehm at hp.com
Wed Sep 13 15:02:49 EDT 2006

An appropriate web page and a pointer to the mailing list is at
http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Hans_Boehm/c++mm/ .

We are aiming to include something vaguely along the lines of
java.util.concurrent.atomic.  The rest of java.util.concurrent may or
may not be addressed in the first round of standardization, though there
are commercial products such as Intel's Threading Building Blocks in
roughly that space.

As you will see if you look at the mailing list, there is lots of
ongoing discussion of the threading API.  I think it is likely to
resemble Boost to some extent, but the details are unclear.

Hans