[concurrency-interest] Concurrent Serialization Pattern

Kevin Condon conivek at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 07:50:48 EDT 2006

Hi David,

I don't know how I missed that.  I was so busy thinking about the
internals of the class that I failed to notice that synchronizing
references to the object would create the happens-before for values
set during construction/deserialization.  Now I understand why you
said a couple of posts ago, "generally it is not worth the effort to
achieve this level of thread safety - just ensure you do publish
safely."

Clarification complete.  :)

Thanks,
Kevin