[concurrency-interest] PriorityBlockingQueue question

David Walend david at walend.net
Mon Sep 25 22:17:37 EDT 2006

Thanks, everyone, for the help so far.

I've got something coded up that should work, but isn't very
satisfying. I did find a way to signal just the conditions that
matter, but take() and poll(timeout) still have to scan back to find
the right message.

I know there's still things to clean up, but I'm still trying to
convince myself this is a good approach.

I'd like a way to clean up the scanForMatchingMessages() st/ it isn't
scanning. Any ideas?

Code is at
https://somnifugijms.dev.java.net/source/browse/somnifugijms/v3/
source/somnifugi/net/walend/somnifugi/juc/
MessageSelectingPriorityBlockingQueue.java?rev=1.1&view=auto&content-
type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

Thanks again,

Dave

David Walend