[concurrency-interest] deadlock in java.util.logging

Jason Mehrens jason_mehrens at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 26 09:50:24 EDT 2006

I've had similar deadlock issues with the EDT/app thread logging.  One trick
you can use is the java.util.logging.Filter interface to perform deadlock
detection and prevention.  Or even log an alternate message to the original
logger.  Here is another deadlock bug with RMI that was reported:

>Thanks for your views on this David!  I think I will file an enhancement
>request
>to at least get the call into the formating to not be synchronized.
I think the lock scope could be narrowed on almost all of the handlers.

Regards,

Jason Mehrens