[concurrency-interest] j.u.c/backport performance on Windows

Szabolcs Ferenczi szabolcs.ferenczi at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 11:12:12 EDT 2007

On 01/04/07, Peter Kovacs <peter.kovacs.1.0rc at gmail.com> wrote:
> application. I already reported on March 20 that I observed
> significant performance degradation compared to an old implementation
> which makes use exclusively of "primitive" Java language concurrency
> constructs (http://altair.cs.oswego.edu/mailman/private/concurrency-interest/2007-March/003784.html).

I am curious whether you have checked the proposal that you have
received for that mail. (Using the combination of semaphores and
ConcurrentLinkedQueue.)

Anyway, some more details would be very interesting in order to say
anything about your problem. Can you give some hints about the applied
synchronization constructions in your program?

Best Regards,
Szabolcs