[concurrency-interest] ConcurrentLinkedBlockingQueue vs LinkedBlockingQueue

Hanson Char hanson.char at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 01:09:54 EDT 2007

> Note that Hanson's
> ConcurrentLinkedBlockingQueue performs good as well, in fact, I think,
> it performs slightly better than the LinkedBlockingQueue.

Based on a recent test on Windows XP Professional with 1 CPU,
ConcurrentLinkedBlockingQueue performs 83% faster than
LinkedBlockingQueue.  Unfortunately I don't have access to a more
powerful box (with multi-processors) to do more testings.

If anyone does and is interested in the comparison, please download
the jar from:

    http://beanlib.sourceforge.net/clbq/070401/q-test.jar

and run (using jdk6 or jdk5):

java -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode
-XX:+DisableExplicitGC -jar q-test.jar

Thanks in advance!

(Only if I could gain access to a powerful box with jdk6 installed for
5 minutes!)

Hanson Char

PS:

1) The source jar of the test harness can be downloaded from
http://beanlib.sourceforge.net/clbq/070401/q-test-sources.jar
2) Note the test is based on the SVN revision 168 of
ConcurrentLinkedBlockingQueue.java at
http://svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/*checkout*/beanlib/trunk/beanlib/src/net/sf/beanlib/util/concurrent/ConcurrentLinkedBlockingQueue.java?revision=168
3) I inadvertently introduced a serious flaw in revision 166.  My apology.