[concurrency-interest] j.u.c/backport performance on Windows

Peter Kovacs peter.kovacs.1.0rc at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 11:17:15 EDT 2007

On 4/4/07, Gregg Wonderly <gregg at cytetech.com> wrote:

> Peter Kovacs wrote:
> > Yes, this is basically what I am doing. Only I use a "custom" class
> > for holding the result
> > (http://www.chemaxon.com/shared/pkovacs/concurrent/processors/ScheduledWorkUnitData.java)
> > instead of implementing the stock Future interface.
>
> So it would seem that there probably are some OS related 'priority' and
> 'scheduling' thing that might be changing the perceived performance.  Do you
> have a profiler to run the application with?  This might tell you a lot more
> about where the 'latency' is at.

Yes, I think the hour is slowly aproaching where I cannot get around
using a profiler. My company has a JProfiler license. Do you think it
will do the job? Do you know a better one? (I've been thinking about
looking at the NetBeans profiler [I do not know how it is called],
because it is free...)

Thanks
Peter