[concurrency-interest] LBQ vs CLBQ

Szabolcs Ferenczi szabolcs.ferenczi at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 15:14:58 EDT 2007

On 04/04/07, Hanson Char <hanson.char at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've further enhanced ConcurrentLinkedBlokcingQueue such that it implements
> the BlockingQueue interface.  In other words, CLBQ can now be used as a
> drop-in replacement for LBQ.  See:
>

> http://svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/beanlib/trunk/beanlib/src/net/sf/beanlib/util/concurrent/ConcurrentLinkedBlockingQueue.java?view=markup

Hi Hanson,

You claim that CLBQ implements the BlockingQueue interface. But the
put method is not implemented with the semantics as defined in the
BlockingQueue interface. Thus, CLBQ cannot be the drop-in replacement
for LBQ. Do I miss something?

I am really curious how you can implement the blocking put method
along the same principles you used for the offer method.

Best Regards,
Szabolcs