[concurrency-interest] Concurrent features new in JDK 1.6

Jeremy Manson jmanson at cs.umd.edu
Sat Apr 7 11:49:00 EDT 2007

The j.u.c stuff is mostly on the collections update page:

http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/guides/collections/changes6.html

There's nothing on that page that people who hang around on this list
don't know already, though.

Tenuously connected to concurrency, I've seen some improvement using the
parallel garbage collector over JDK5:

http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/guides/vm/index.html#features

AFAICT, the JDK6 improvements are mostly in the realm of speed.  I've
seen some nice performance boosts from switching.

					Jeremy