[concurrency-interest] ConcurrentLinkedQueue unexpected behavior ?

Szabolcs Ferenczi szabolcs.ferenczi at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 14:18:03 EDT 2007

On 11/04/07, Hanson Char <hanson.char at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am still intrigued by CLQ and the liveness problem in CLBQ.  Will
> dig further into it.

Hi Hanson,

      I thought you have found the root of the liveness problem of
your CLBQ already. It is about the implementation of the put method we
talked about. The tests of Doug applies put/take pairs and not
offer/take pairs. Your put method is implemented on the add method of
the member ConcurrentLinkedQueue instance and omits handling of the
parked threads entirely. That is why it freezes. You might try to test
it.

Best Regards,
Szabolcs