[concurrency-interest] Lock-free mania

Larry Riedel larryr at saturn.sdsu.edu
Mon Apr 16 23:57:37 EDT 2007

I think if there was a question of will the increasing availability and
trendiness of lock-free, wait-free, obstruction-free, blahblahblah-free
tools lead to hordes of "architects" and "principal engineers" choosing
those tools for no technically justifiable reason to create inferior and
broken solutions to nonexistent problems, I think it would be safe to
agree the answer is yes.  But I think the overall net impact of the
availability and trendiness of those tools is still going to be positive.

Larry