[concurrency-interest] An article example

Tim Peierls tim at peierls.net
Mon Apr 30 19:47:28 EDT 2007

On 4/30/07, Szabolcs Ferenczi <szabolcs.ferenczi at gmail.com> wrote:

> On the occasion of this mistake let me have a remark: This indicates
> that the Java programming language is not a genuine multi-threaded
> language. Unfortunately it does not have proper language means for
> dealing with concurrency.

I have a lot of code written in Java that has to run on a multiprocessor.
Can you recommend a language I should port this code to in order to deal
properly with concurrency? The code depends heavily on the standard Java
libraries and several third-party libraries, so a key consideration for me
would be support in the target language for these libraries.

--tim