[concurrency-interest] Java 6 support in backport-concurrent

David Holmes dcholmes at optusnet.com.au
Tue Aug 14 00:52:08 EDT 2007

Greg,

This error doesn't make sense.

Caused by: java.lang.VerifyError: class
 edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.atomic.AtomicInteger
 overrides final method lazySet.(I)V

The backport AtomicInteger class doesn't override lazySet, it defines it. It
also has no superclass other than Object to be verified against.

It's almost as if the verifier thinks the backport version of AtomicInteger
extends the j.u.c version.

???

David Holmes