[concurrency-interest] Java 6 support in backport-concurrent

Geoffrey Wiseman geoffrey.wiseman at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 20:43:42 EDT 2007

On 8/14/07, Greg Luck <gluck at gregluck.com> wrote:

> Ehcache uses backport-concurrent. The package names are backport
> concurrent. I could change to JDK 1.5 j.u.c  by not using
> backport-concurrent but then lose JDK1.4 support.

If only there were a commons-concurrency, or a scf4j.  ;)

That's unfortunate; if the number of classes that touch j.u.c is small, you
could isolate them to a thin layer and swap implementations, but ... sounds
like there's a deeper problem, based on the other messages in this thread.

  - Geoffrey
--
Geoffrey Wiseman