[concurrency-interest] Need a special lock implementation

Oliver Zeigermann oliver at zeigermann.de
Wed Aug 15 16:20:22 EDT 2007

Hi folks!

I need a lock implementation having the following features:

(1) read/write lock
(2) ownership must be transferable from one thread to another
(3) upgrade from read-lock to write-lock must be supported (I know
this is deadlock prone)
(4) one must be able to find out which thread holds which locks

The lock is intended to protect resources that exist in large numer.

Does anyone know of an implementation that has those features or at
least something I could use as a starting point? Should I use AQS and
start from scratch?

Thanks in advance and cheers

Oliver