[concurrency-interest] forkjoin.ParallelArray and friends

Larry Riedel larryr at saturn.sdsu.edu
Tue Aug 28 12:29:28 EDT 2007

> Do you have or know of parallelizable usages that require
> support for byte, short, char, float or boolean arrays?

If I could map a byte array directly onto a file a regular
unix C program has mapped using mmap(...MAP_SHARED...), I
think that would be really neat.  I have no idea if that
is feasible; the idea would be to have a low overhead
common denominator for high bandwidth low latency IPC.
If it is not feasible, please ignore this message. (-:

Larry