[concurrency-interest] ThreadPoolExecutor workQueue concurrency issue

Guy Korland gkorland at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 02:39:59 EST 2007

Hi,
We built an application in a SEDA fashion, working in stages from one
ThreadPool to another.
We found out that the BlockingQueue used by the ThreadPoolExecutor became a
major concurrency killer when we start working on 4 cores machines and
above.
The thing is that we don't really need the strong FIFO behavior forced by
all the BlockingQueue implementations available, some kind of fairness will
be good enough.
Any ideas?

Thanks,
Guy