[concurrency-interest] jsr166y bug - NPE sorting a ParallelArray

Doug Lea dl at cs.oswego.edu
Tue Dec 11 06:14:25 EST 2007

Mark Mahieu wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I believe I've tripped over a bug calling ParallelArray.sort() -

>        new FJSorter<T>(cmp, a, w, origin+q, q,   g),
should be
>        new FJSorter<T>(cmp, a, w, origin+q, h-q,   g),
etc

Yes; thanks! Somehow that crept in while adapting the dl.u.c
FJTask version of sort. Sorry. Fixed in updated CVS.

BTW, I'm still sitting on some of the other changes in
ParallelArray mentioned a few months ago. It's likely
that ParallelArray will support List API, which is
a slightly marginal call, but seems worthwhile.

-Doug