[concurrency-interest] Concurrent Programming in Java, 3rd Edition

Doug Lea dl at cs.oswego.edu
Wed Dec 12 16:33:25 EST 2007

Mark wrote:
> Does anyone know where I can find this book?  Amazon sent me a notice
> that they cannot get copies of it, so I am not sure if there is a
> problem with the publisher or the book is just not available.
>
> Doug, any insight on this?

There is no third edition. There were plans for it, but Java
Concurrency in Practice (http://jcip.net/) included all
of the updates to cover Java5 that CPJ3e would
have included. You are better off getting that instead.
The CPJ book is possibly better about a few underlying design
issues, but the 2nd edition suffices for that.

One of these days, maybe I'll write 3rd edition though.

-Doug