[concurrency-interest] Swing translates InterruptedException to Error

Darius Polonis duplon at majorgames.de
Fri Dec 14 21:39:35 EST 2007

Hello there,

basically I have the same question as Tom Cargill in June 06, 2003
(http://altair.cs.oswego.edu/mailman/private/concurrency-interest/
2003-June/000454.html). I am inserting strings from different threads
and if such a thread is cancelled at the right time, the
InterruptedException will be translated into this Error.

It looks like it may be safely ignored, doesn't it? If it may be
ignored, would it be possible to change the Error into a specific
Error, so that catching code doesn't have to catch all Errors and
make a decision based on the message string, but rather may catch the
InterruptedException for example by themselfes?

Best wishes,

Darius