[concurrency-interest] Executors, Work Manager, JEE

Ryan LeCompte Ryan.LeCompte at pango.com
Thu Feb 1 11:33:18 EST 2007

Peter,

Thanks for responding. I basically need a safe way to asynchronously schedule work to be executed, as well as schedule work to be executed periodically (think Quartz or java.util.Timer). I was thinking I could use the new Executor/task framework to achieve this, but I am not sure if this is "safe" within JEE containers, although the new concurrency utilities avoid the direct use of java.lang.Thread directly. Any insight would be very helpful.

Thanks,
Ryan