[concurrency-interest] ReadWriteLocks and Conditions

Gregg Wonderly gergg at cox.net
Thu Feb 8 01:04:47 EST 2007

Joe Bowbeer wrote:
> Correction.
>
>>[JavaSpaces'] transactions add a nice bit of robustness to checkouts.
>
> I meant "lease" instead of "transaction".  Leases prevent one laggard
> client from messing up the pool for everyone else.

Jini's distributed 2 phase commit lock implementation is very powerful for doing
distributed locking.  JGroups can be good for certain kinds of locks.  Dan has
an example distributed lock application which is good for latches.  I use it for
creating database domain indexes in an application which I use jini transactions
to keep multiple instances of postgres synchronized.

Gregg Wonderly