[concurrency-interest] Synchronization/locking in a clustered, JEE environment

Tim Eck teck at terracottatech.com
Fri Feb 9 12:08:49 EST 2007

Ryan LeCompte wrote:

 > ...How would one ensure that a "global lock" is acquired if I have a
 > method on the stateless session bean

You might want to check out Terracotta (www.terracotta.org) for
something like this. In terracotta, an object's monitor (ie. java
synchronization) can be used in a distributed fashion. For instance,
you can take a standard instance of j.u.c.l.ReentrantLock, declare it to
be distributed, and then use it use across multiple VMs. Of course,
you can also regular synchronization and wait/notify with Terracotta
too (and many other things). Feel free to contact me directly or start
up a thread on of our mailing lists for more info

-tim
Disclaimer: I am employee of Terracotta.