[concurrency-interest] Extension(s) for distributed computing

Gregg Wonderly gregg at cytetech.com
Sun Feb 18 10:14:51 EST 2007

Peter Kovacs wrote:
> In general, I am interested in any technology/frameworks for
> distributed computing which can be easily integrated with Java. Can
> you suggest any such frameworks (possible free :-) ).

One of the free java based distributed computing systems which I think matches
this kind of need directly is Jini and Javaspaces.  Mapping a BlockingQueue onto
a Javaspace would be straight forward.  Mapping an overflow situation onto a
Javaspace write would be quite natural.

This would allow a client computer to compute many simple things locally, but
then when the compute load got high, it could pump work out on the "grid" to get
some help.

Gregg Wonderly