[concurrency-interest] Extension(s) for distributed computing

Sun Feb 18 14:19:48 EST 2007

Bela Ban wrote:
> Take a look at JGroups, it allows you to build something like JavaSpaces
> in no time.

This is a bit off topic, but what protocol and what parts of the
infrastructure of JGroups would you suggest for a distributed work
queue? I'd need to handle slow/failing nodes, so I would expect some
form of timed task leasing...

(Actually, I implemented such a thing recently, but chose to simply use
multicast. The code did return Futures to clients however, which
implemented distributed cancellation)

-tt