[concurrency-interest] A Fast Wait-Free HashTable

Doug Lea dl at cs.oswego.edu
Wed Feb 21 08:18:15 EST 2007

David J. Biesack wrote:
> Does anyone know more about Cliff Click's wait-free hashtable?
>
> http://cs.stanford.edu/calendar/abstract.php?eventId=2270
>
> "A Faster Wait-Free Hash Table"

Yes. Cliff and I and other JSR166 folks have been discussing the steps
needed to adapt for j.u.c., which entails some extra support in
atomics package, which we are in turn right now mapping out.
Expect something (at the very least a version specialized as
ConcurrentIdentityHashMap) to show up sometime in CVS of
preliminary versions of Java-7 stuff, which we hope to set up
fairly soon.

-Doug