[concurrency-interest] dealing with people that questionvisibility problems

Ernst, Matthias matthias.ernst at coremedia.com
Wed Feb 21 12:55:21 EST 2007

> The Spring applicationcontext also provides safe handoff (in Java 5
> and higher): after a bean is created, it is placed in a synchronized
> map. When it is needed, it is retrieved from that synchronized map.

I'm sorry, I didn't read till the end. At any rate: Spring's use of
synchronized makes it also safe in 1.4.

> If objects are used in a multi threaded environment, you <b>have</b>
> to make your objects thread safe.

I do not agree here. I have to document how to use them in a thread-safe
manner. With setter based injection that means to me: "Do not call
setters after construction/publication except if explicitly allowed."

Matthias

matthias.ernst at coremedia.com
software architect
+49.40.32 55 87.503