[concurrency-interest] Jcip annotation license

Tim Peierls tim at peierls.net
Tue Feb 27 08:52:41 EST 2007

I'm sure there's no problem under the Creative Commons license as long as
you include the copyright and license notice and make it clear that you have
modified it. Check the CC link to be sure.

But although I don't see any legal obstacles here, consider that the JCiP
uses @GuardedBy, so @ProtectedBy risks confusing those of your users who
also read the book -- which we hope will be an increasingly significant
portion! :-)

@GuardedBy might not have been the best choice, but it's a widely published
choice. And "protected" already has another meaning in Java.

--tim