[concurrency-interest] Small request regarding TimeUnit

Dhanji R. Prasanna dhanji at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 18:55:38 EST 2007

On 1/17/07, Dawid Kurzyniec <dawidk at mathcs.emory.edu> wrote:

> Kasper Nielsen wrote:
> > Dawid Kurzyniec wrote:

> Actually, there is more questions. hours vs hrs, min vs mins vs m, etc.
> Personally, I think that this belongs to presentation layer, and should
> not be mixed with the concurrency API.

Yea I agree strongly. Also isnt a lot of this locale-specific? what is the
point of resolving SECONDS to a string "seconds" when it might be "sekunden"
or something else that is desired by the client code? I am not sure what the
semantics of short-hand notation are, but I would guess they are similar.
Some organizations like to write "secs" as shorthand for seconds, some use
"s", others, capital "S"

The conversion is best done with a class provided by the presentation/client
code layer.