[concurrency-interest] Concurrency-interest Digest, Vol 26, Issue 7

Martin Buchholz Martin.Buchholz at Sun.COM
Tue Mar 6 22:31:20 EST 2007

Peter Veentjer wondered,

"I was wondering why the Condition.awaitNanosUninterruptibly(long)
method is missing. You are able to do an uninterruptible wait on the
Condition without a timeout, but you are not able to do an
uninterruptible wait on a Condition with a timeout."

I've wondered the same thing myself in the past.

Should Peter's static method be added to the JDK somewhere?
Unfortunately, we cannot add new methods to existing interfaces.

Martin