[concurrency-interest] ConcurrentWeakIdentityHashMap

Gregg Wonderly gregg at cytetech.com
Wed Mar 28 10:19:30 EDT 2007

Is there any thought about creating a new WeakIdentityHashMap which can be used
in places where classloaders and other dynamic bindings are in use.  I've not
looked into this at any depth yet, but there are some places where WeakHashMap
are used in the Jini 2.1 codebase which I've been looking at to do some
contention reduction.  The use of distributed key based locks in
ConcurrentHashMap is nice for things related to threading, ClassLoader and
ProtectionDomain issues where multiple unrelated users are active at one time.

Gregg Wonderly