[concurrency-interest] Cliff's Lock-Free Hash Table

Gregg Wonderly gergg at cox.net
Fri Mar 30 10:51:42 EDT 2007

Jeremy Manson wrote:
> Cliff Click gave a talk about his lock-free hashtable (which came up on
> this list about a month ago) at Google this week, and they got the video
> up very promptly.  Definitely worth a peek:
>
> http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2139967204534450862

Thanks for the pointer Jeremy.  Cliff did a great job explaining what he has
done.  I was not so much amazed at the feat as I was at the dedication to cover
all the bases using the no-locks mantra that got him started.  This will be a
great thing to have in large scale systems, and it will be very valuable in Java
Policy implemenations where there is often high contention for read access to
ProtectionDomain related Permission sets.

Gregg Wonderly