[concurrency-interest] Java 7 preview code available

Doug Lea dl at cs.oswego.edu
Tue May 29 06:15:28 EDT 2007

I finally checked in preliminary versions of some of the classes
we are targetting for Java 7 as package jsr166y,
mainly including the new lightweight
parallel execution framework in package "forkjoin".

See:
    API specs:  http://gee.cs.oswego.edu/dl/jsr166/dist/jsr166ydocs/
    jar file: http://gee.cs.oswego.edu/dl/jsr166/dist/jsr166y.jar
    Browsable CVS sources:
       http://gee.cs.oswego.edu/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/jsr166/src/jsr166y/
    Browsable CVS test file sources:
       http://gee.cs.oswego.edu/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/jsr166/src/test/jsr166y/

Notes:

* I'll be out the rest of the week with only spotty connectivity,
so probably won't be able to reply quickly to questions about it.

* The test directory only has a few demo programs in it right
now. Much more to come.

* I'm still unhappy with a few of the class names and APIs, so
expect some things to change.

* We have a failing router here on campus which is causing
various stalls and disconnects. Hopefully they will fix it
while I'm out. In the mean time, sorry for any problems.

-Doug